I've made a variety of autumn candles using a variety of things I had around my house (and in nature!)
This really doesn't have any step-by-step method, I just used wax from other candles and used it kind of like glue. It doesn't work that well, so that's why I only got as far as 1 orange slice. lol
These candles I surrounded with dried kidney beans. They just looked very fall-ish to me!
This next idea is one of my favorites!
Can you guess what the base of this candle holder is???
It's a VHS TAPE!!!
1. First I opened it up and took all the tape out for another project, and then I used Gorilla Glue to glue the white reels to the case. Because this was creating the base of my candle holder I didn't want them to wobble around!
2. Then I used the sticks that I gathered and started hot gluing them on.
After putting sticks all over, I used smaller ones to fill in any gaps!
3. Then I used some moss to cover up the white parts. I figured that when it eventually gets covered in wax, I can just rip it off and glue new stuff on!
4. Then, to stick some tapers in here, I had to whittle the bottoms down a bit.
5. I was debating whether or not to add anything. I have a few pine cones, but they didn't look right, so I added some of my small mod podged leaves. I'm not sure about the leaves though, maybe if I had (and had used matte mod podge?) Thoughts??
And there you have it!
Other autumn candle ideas:
Wine bottles with raffia @ Try to Keep Up
Check out the other projects that I've posted this week!