What you need:
spray paint (optional)
1. Cut your bamboo skewer into pieces approximately 2 inches long. You'll need 5 pieces for each star.
2. Take two pieces and glue them together at about a 45 degree angle.
3. Glue another piece across the other two. This piece helps stabilize the star.
4. Glue the other two pieces on connecting all the corners. Put the pieces where they fit best.
5. Take your raffia and start wrapping it around each point of the star, working your way around. Lastly, wrap it around and through the middle until you like the way it looks. Fasten it to the star with a little more glue. Sometimes while wrapping the points it helped to add small dots of glue to keep it from slipping.
6. If you want to, spray paint the stars, trying your best to get into all the little crevices.
7. Ta da!!! Use your finished stars on a wreath, as ornaments, or on gift tags!