Recently a friend introduced me to the site PaleOMG.com a site of paleo recipes that are so good you'd never know they were paleo. Just looking at this site make me hungry!
I decided to try the Crockpot Sweet Potato Basil Soup because I love creamy soups and my crockpot!
It is SO freaking good AND SOOO freaking easy. I followed the recipe pretty much exactly as is, but because it's soup I took some liberties here and there.
What you need:
2 sweet potatoes or yams (I used 3 because they were small)
1/2 yellow onion (I used 1 whole small onion)
1 can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves minced
1 Tbsp dried basil
salt & pepper to taste
1) Peel your sweet potatoes and chunk them up - throw into crock pot.
2) Add onion (don't worry about dicing it really fine)
3) Add everything else and give it a little mix.
4) Cook on high for 3 hours.
5) Use a blender, hand blender, or food processor to blend until smooth. I used a hand blender and I LOOOOOVE it. I have used it a lot lately, and in the next few weeks of posts you'll probably get tired of hearing about it. (it's just like this one, except it's only one speed)